1.General David Petraeus is bidding farewell to the army that has been his life and the troops that have been part of his family for 37 years. He will now become the 20th director of the CIA next week.
2. Israel has sent two warships out to sea. Tehran has sent thier 15th fleet to the red sea.
3. A federal judge blocked key provisions of Texas new law requiring a doctor to preform a sonogram before an abortion.
4. US elections will be the most expensive ever, with a total price tag of $6.billion or more in 2012. President Obama is expected to at least match the record $ 760 million he raised in 2008, even hitting a possible $1 billion.
5) President Obama address will now be on Sept 8, before Republican meeting. Same time as NFL season starts.
6) Hurricane Irene. New Jersey Governer Chris Christie “Get The Hell Off The Beach”